Recipe of peppers stuffed with meat
Stuffed peppers are one of the homemade recipes that I like the most. I learned to prepare them thanks to my mother, who is an indisputable teacher when it comes to cooking peppers.
Peppers can be filled with an infinite number of things, with fish, chicken, vegetables and you can even make Rice Stuffed Peppers. In the case of this recipe, I made minced meat. And I also mixed beef and pork.
To make this dish I used red peppers without skin, the well-known red peppers that are the most popular. And in addition, I finished cooking them in the oven with a little Parmesan cheese on top to leave gratins.
Hey, I know you can buy peppers without skin in the supermarket, but it's not the same. In addition the process of removing their skin is very, very easy, I explain it step by step with photos below. Okay, do not be lazy 😛
Well done, let's learn how to make peppers stuffed with minced meat and rice.
Recipe stuffed peppers
- ½ minced pork or beef (or mixture of both)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 large red peppers
- Grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cooked white rice
- The first thing you need to do is put the peppers on the stove , either in a gas burner or on a barbecue.
- This you must do to burn the skin of the pepper, which you will then remove when it is completely black.
- In the first photo you can see the process of burning a pepper.
- And in this picture the pepper after having removed the skin.
- To remove the skin simply put the pepper in cold water and use your fingers to remove it. It's easy.
- Then open each pepper on the top, where the stem is and remove all the seeds.
- Once ready, reserve.
Now we are going to cook the minced meat filling of the peppers.
- In a large deep pan, a pot also serves, fry the onion, garlic and tomato all chopped into very small cubes. In the case of tomatoes, without the seeds.
- Cook over medium heat until the onion is transparent and always attentive that you will not burn.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Now you can put the minced meat.
- Mix well, making sure that the meat does not become large balls but that it is loose.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat and if you see that it is too dry, you can put ½ cup of water or better yet a broth of meat.
- Check the salt and pepper and add more if it is necessary.
- Let cook 10 more minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, you will have ready the minced meat.